Anyone who has travelled to Ireland will tell you that this wonderful Island is one of the most mesmerizing places they’ve ever laid their eyes on. And it’s no wonder given it boasts wonderful nature, vivid culture, cheerful music, great food, and let’s not forget Guinness and fantastic whiskey (apparently the added “e” in Irish whiskey stands for excellence)?
There are just too many reasons to visit this rather breathtaking country of Europe (just be aware Ireland is not included in the Schengen Pass). And, f you’ve already made up your mind, and are looking for some handy tips for Ireland, then just keep scrolling for our introduction to the basics for travel on Ireland’s Emerald Isle.
The Best Way to Explore the Emerald Isle
Rent A Car First
If you want to thoroughly explore this rather wild and scenic island, then it would be recommendable to rent a car for the various road trips in Ireland i.e. The Wild Atlantic Way. Yes, you may have slight trouble with the fact that we drive on the left side of the road, but don’t worry, you’ll quickly get used to it (as we do when switching to the right).
Now, is there anything that you should know before you take this step? If this is your first time renting a vehicle in Ireland, then below, pay attention to our tips for renting a car that will definitely come in handy. Let’s check them out!
- Pre-book the automobile to get the best rate – During this process, it would be smart to use Auto Europe so you can obtain preliminary quotes from some of the most popular car rental agencies.
- Plan your itinerary before you book anything – You should definitely plan the entire route and the number of days you’ll be staying in this country before you book.
- Do not pick a large car – Navigating Irish roads can be challenging to some, hence, it would be smart to pick a smaller vehicle so you can feel comfortable.
Visit Small Villages And Towns
If you really want to experience Irish culture in the best possible way, then you should definitely pay a visit to all those cute, yet small villages and towns. Most of their villages are pretty far away from the major towns, hence, it would be best if you first planned everything ahead just so you can see all of them, and don’t forget to book a solid accommodation.
Another thing that you shouldn’t forget is to be sure to have your currency exchanged before you go there, due to the fact that most of these villages do not have facilities that would be able to change your currency.
Be Prepared for the Irish Climate
Weather Is Very Unpredictable
Weather in Ireland can be very unpredictable and can change in an instant. One minute it’s sunny and hot, and the next minute, you are soaking wet because of the rain. That’s precisely why you should properly pack before you leave and bring:
- Rainproof jacket and high-quality umbrella
- Cosy boots
- Sweaters and knitted tops
- Even if it’s summer, ensure to bring lots of warm clothes
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Hats, gloves, and scarves
We are absolutely sure that you’ll be having a time of your life whenever you decide to go to this outstanding island. But still, do not forget to take a look at our tips before you leave, so you can prepare yourself for everything.